Thursday, May 22, 2014

So Prepare For a Chance of a Lifetime

... be prepared for sensational news. A shining new era, is tiptoeing nearer.

Preparing for arrival in Disney has been a whirlwind. There has been so much stuff I've had to get together, there was a bunch of stuff I've had to buy, stuff I had to dig for to find in my house, I've had to go through my entire wardrobe and figure out what I should bring and what stays at home, and then pack it all up and make sure it fits in my car. Speaking of my car, my lease is up in September and I originally wanted to turn it in early so I wouldn't have to worry about it down there, but it ended up being to expensive to do it now. So instead I'm going to get new tires and keep my car until September, turn it in down there, and then my mom will drive her car down and I'll use her car for the rest of my program. So I've had a lot going on in the past few days, but it is all worth it!

Packing has been such a fun experience stressful. I know I've over packed but it is so hard not to when I know I'm going to be down there for so long! I'm going to want options says the girl who wears the same 5 outfits in the summer and I'm so used to the cold I still pack for cooler weather just in case, even though I'm sure I'll be melting during the summer. At least I'll have room for all the stuff (mainly clothes) I'm bringing, it's looking like my roommates and I will definitely be in a 3 bedroom apartment, today a lot of people were posting that they got emails saying they were assigned triple occupancy rooms. None of us got that email so we're pretty confident we got a 3 bedroom, fingers crossed!

Back to packing, I have a huge suitcase that is filled with clothes, one large tote with a bunch of toiletries, a small flat tote with bags and shoes in it, and I think I'll be bringing a laundry basket that I'm going to put my bedding and towels in. I'll be sure to post a picture once everything is all packed up so anyone who is reading this can get an idea of what I think I need for 7 months. There isn't too much more I have to pack, if I needed to leave right this minute I could.

I am only 2 days away from leaving for Disney. UM WHAT? Wasn't it like 40 something not too long ago? How did this semester go by so fast? Craziness. My sister has about 70 days left until she checks in, when I got accepted I was 76 days away from check-in. So to all those who think 70+ days is a long wait, it's not, that time is going to fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment