Sunday, May 18, 2014

M-I-C See Ya Real Soon...

K-E-Y Why? Because we like you! M-O-U-S-E


Today my mom threw a little going away party for me with some of my family. I can't believe I'm not going to see all of them for 7 months! I didn't realize until today exactly how much I was going to miss everyone. I basically see them all at least every other weekend, my cousins I see every single weekend for the entire weekend. I'm only 10 days (technically 9 since it's midnight right now) away from check-in, and only 6 days away from leaving. 6!!! Where did the time go? I'm excited to go and I am so ready but it hadn't really hit me how much I was going to miss my family while I'm gone.

I'm not sad, so I don't want anyone reading this to take it that way, but I'm not happily leaving my family either. I am so lucky that I have such an amazing family who are happy for me and support me in everything I do. I'm just distraught over the fact that if I want to go hang out with my cousins I can't make the 3 minute drive to their house to see them or the fact that I am missing so many big holidays that I always spend with my family. It is a huge change for me and it is probably going to be really tough.

But, it is time for me to do something new, I'm so comfortable with my life right now that it is becoming monotonous. School, work, school, work, hang out with cousins, work, etc every single week. I need a challenge, something that will put me out of my comfort zone and into a new situation, which is exactly what I'm doing. Sure I'm going to miss my family, but they will come visit me and they will all be there for me when I come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment