Thursday, May 22, 2014

Goodbye May Seem Forever

 ... farewell is like the end, but in my heart is the memory and there you will always be. -Walt Disney

It has been a week of goodbyes. I had a going away party with my family on Saturday, said goodbye to my boyfriend on Sunday since he left for Italy on Monday, had my last day at work on Monday, said goodbye to my paternal grandparents today, and today I also said goodbye to some of my coworkers that I didn't get to see before my last day of work. And there are even more goodbyes still to come later this week, and those are going to be really tough.

I know I talked about leaving my family in my last post but I think it really hit me today. I am leaving home for 7 months, the one time I tried living away from home was a disaster and I was home after 3 days. I was only 17 at the time though and I wasn't as confident as I am now. It also didn't help that I was going to school and not Disney... so there's that too lol. I am worried about getting homesick and wanting to come home but I know that I won't give in to it. There will be days that are going to be tough but I mean, I'll be working in DISNEY WORLD so there's no reason to be sad about anything. Only 3 more days now until I leave!


Side note: I am really happy I decided to have a blog during my program, even if no one reads it, it helps me to express everything I'm feeling; it even makes me feel better about things. I started writing this post feeling nervous and a little sad but the time I ended I was excited again and feeling really confident! If anyone reads this who is going to do the DCP, I highly suggest blogging or just keeping a weekly journal. Even if you write something and no one sees it, it may help you feel better by writing everything down, plus at the end of your program you can go back and read everything and maybe relive some things you've forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment