Thursday, May 29, 2014

I'm Not on Drugs, Just Let Me Pee!

May 28th- the day after check-in.

In my last post I mentioned I had to go for a drug test, if you work in attractions, transportation, or are a lifeguard you are required to take a drug test. My drug test was scheduled for 9:15 am the day after check-in, they told us that we should not pee before the drug test since we wouldn't be properly hydrated and wouldn't be able to have enough pee to do the drug test. So when I woke up that morning (at 7:30 for some reason) I had to hold my morning pee for 1 1/2 hours. The drug test is at Vista Way in one of the apartment buildings, it was really weird. Needless to say I had enough pee to fill that cup.

After I got back to the apartment Celine and I went down to the clubhouse to get a form to fill out in regards to things that were wrong in the apartment- broken things, missing kitchen stuff, etc. After that, the two of us and Charlotte hung out by the pool for about an hour and then Charlotte, Cate, and I had our housing meeting.

The housing meeting is a bunch of things you can and cannot do. Most of it is common sense, they try to make it fun, it's not terrible but it kind of drags. It was about an 1 1/2 hours long and it was at The Commons, which is like a 15 minute walk from Patterson. Overall it felt like a waste of time and I just wanted to go back to the pool.

After the housing meeting we all had lunch and hung out for a bit, then we went to Downtown Disney to explore and have dinner. We decided that after dinner we would go and see Celine and Hannah's work locations since they both worked in resorts! First stop was Pop Century where Celine would be working in the gift shop there. She got to meet her scheduling manager and some of the other cast members there. It is a cute store, we got "I'm Celebrating" pins from the front desk and we learned that the CMs from the store come out and do the electric slide and dance with the guests. We walked around for a bit and took a bunch of pictures, Celine even got a Pop Century post card that she pinned to her cork board. After that we got on a bus to Magic Kingdom where we then hopped on a bus to the Wilderness Lodge where Hannah is working. The Wilderness Lodge is beautiful! The only one of us who had ever been there was Celine, the rest of us were in awe, it is an incredible resort. We walked around for a while and took pictures again, Hannah also got a post card of her resort. She even got to meet the front desk manager, he seemed really nice. After that we got on the bus back to Chatham and went home.

It was about 9:30 pm when we got home, we all took showers and then hung out in the living room playing Would You Rather and Headbanz, Cate even joined us. It was a pretty fun day! I absolutely love my roommates and I just feel so at home here. Next up is a housing event, traditions, finally getting to play in the parks, and then training!

No comments:

Post a Comment